The Billings & Regulatory Reporting team performs activities that are at the core of our client’s operations. The Senior Financial Accountant shall ensure the correct accounting treatment of servicing fee income and other rechargeable items across the group in line with group policy and underlying contract terms. The Senior Financial Accountant is further expected to improve the intercompany accounting and reconciliations process.
Accounts Receivable billing and reporting-
- Ensure servicing fee income and other rechargeable items are accurately accounted for and timely billed to external clients and internal Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) in line with group policy and underlying contract terms.
- Preparation of Monthly revenue accruals, balance sheet substantiation and detailed revenue analysis for the corporate entities and SPVs.
- Ensuring that invoices are generated and sent to clients / SPVs, that billings are collected timely and that remittance reports are sent to clients / SPVs, including clearing any accounts receivable backlog.
- Creation of the intercompany balance matrix and rigorous maintenance
Accounts Receivable project-
- Assist the Billings & Regulatory Reporting Manager with executing on the NVG accounts receivable project. This shall include:
- Collating a list of all current clients with their contract pricing details and relevant definitions.
- Creating a master accounts receivable tracker that will detail how and when individual clients are to be billed.
- Working across functions to simplify the current billings and collection processes.
- Where possible, automate the accounts receivable billings, calculation and collections processes on the NVG accounting systems and AR cubes.
End of period reviews-
- Assist the Billings & Regulatory Reporting Manager with preparing end of month and end of quarter accounts receivable metrics and analytics.
- Complete analytical reviews and any ad hoc reports, provide commentary on balance movements versus prior month.
- Any unusual variances are to be thoroughly investigated.
Person / Experience Required
- Demonstrable experience in a Finance Controllership role, within a mortgage lending platform or other financial institution
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- An excellent technical person with well-developed communication skills
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a team
- Demonstrating a strong ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Planning, prioritising and demonstrating time management skills
- Communicating with and managing expectations of key organisation stakeholders
- Energetic and enthusiastic attitude
Degree or BA Certification preferred
A fully qualified accountant - ACA/ACCA/CIMA with at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Based in my client’s London offices
Hours: Monday- Friday 9am-5:30pm
Salary: £66,000 p/a pro rata
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications of individuals looking for both short term and permanent work and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Source4 are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas, a proof of address and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.