Global Markets Development Manager
Our client is an established professional body who is very much focused on international growth.
Having already invested in a new 'Head of Global Markets Development', our client is now looking to additionally invest by the creation of a new 'Global Markets Development Manager' post.
In this exciting new role, you will be responsible for overseeing market development (including building local tuition capacity, sales and marketing activity etc.) and supporting market-facing teams across the professional body's network.
The initial focus will be around prioritising international market development focus and activities, alongside developing discipline and rigour into the actual market development process.
International markets of particular strategic interest are: China; South East Asia; Sub-Saharan Africa; India. As such, we are especially interested in candidates who have experience in market development in one or more of these particular markets.
- Support the development and delivery of the global markets strategy.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of global business development initiatives.
- Co-creating a market evaluation and prioritisation tool to assess market potential and strategic priorities.
- Researching and producing reports on international markets, including some data analysis, to inform decisions around investment in markets.
- Support delivery of an education strategy in priority markets to increase pipeline of students and provide sustainable learning solutions through effective channel management: Universities, Learning providers, Schools, Local profession/ regulators.
- Ensuring the effective recruitment, conversion and retention of students and members in priority markets.
- Undertaking market development visits in the UK and internationally, and representing our client externally at conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Developing and delivering internal and external communications.
- Increasing market recognition through engagement with employers, tuition providers, government and the local profession.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Relevant, and transferable work experience of working internationally, and building relationships with international stakeholders.
- Flexibility, and ability to adapt to change - this is a new business area so the needs of this role will evolve over time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences.
- Ability to deliver quality research.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Must be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and effectively manage the contributions of others to ensure outputs are quality assured and delivered on time.
- Ability to see projects through to completion ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate issues and deliver solutions.
- Excellent planning skills and demonstrable evidence of the ability to manage projects and multiple priorities.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Please note applicants must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this post.
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services.
The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.