A British owned and rapidly expanding mechanical and electrical installation company with major contracts secured within the rail and wider infrastructure sectors are seeking a Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer.
The Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer will be managing a team of two Project Buyers on a specialist MoD project, reporting into the Procurement Manager, ensuring purchasing is geared up to support the workload and activities.
The Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer will be based at head office in Billericay and will need to ensure relationships are built and maintained with project delivery teams, commercial, engineering, QHS&E and delivery.
The Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer will be working on a multi million £ project and will need to employ a suitable tracking and performance management tool to ensure the procurement team works most effectively.
The Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer will tasked with:
- Leading all purchasing of materials and contracts across the project with a c. 13 million spend on materials.
- Supporting the project by executing activities in line with the requirements of the project and following the correct procurement process and procedure.
- Ensure stakeholder engagement and relationships are built and maintained across the business.
- Developing a purchasing schedule for the project.
- Conduct regular meetings with the commercial project teams to ensure appropriate and acceptable delivery.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer to establish themselves in a fast growing company, working on numerous projects based across the UK.
Details of the Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer role are:
Location - Billericay
Salary - £40,000 - £45,000
Key experience / skills required for the Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer role are:
- MCIPS or similar qualified
- Engineering background.
- Mechanical and / or Electrical experience.
- Project buying experience in similar infrastructure environments.
- Knowledge of ERP and / or SAP systems.
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness.
- Fully competent within a Senior Buyer / Purchasing Manager role.
To apply for this Purchasing Manager / Senior Buyer position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK