Are you seeking to develop your career as a Reporting Accountant?
Are you ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant who trained in practice and is now keen to progress your career with a move into industry? Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Reporting Accountant in Warwick for an International Utilities organisation. The role will offer the opportunity to compile and produce monthly financial performance reports and annual regulatory reports ensuring all reporting is timely, accurate and delivered to the required deadlines, whilst building key relationships within the larger finance team through day to day business partnering.
The business is a FTSE listed Utilities organisation who have a HQ in Warwick and multiple sites nationwide. The finance function is huge and the opportunity to progress is a realistic prospect, which could see you moving into a Finance Manager role or a Finance Business Partner with limited month end responsibilities. Not only do they offer unrivalled progression opportunities but they also support staff further by offering a subsidised gym on site and healthcare facilities, combined with flexible working and great additional benefits.
What will I be responsible for?
As the Reporting Accountant, this is a great opportunity to add real value and build relationships with the wider finance community.
Duties will include:
- Develop, operate, maintain and document best practice processes including governance and controls for reporting activities to a standard required by customers, regulatory compliance.
- Establish an effective interface with customers to ensure that information produced is accurate, usable, and relevant and delivered to strict deadlines and produced to the high-quality standards outlined in service level agreements.
- Establish an effective interface with external parties to represent the best interests of the business.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency quality and accuracy across all relevant data sources.
- Provide a renowned competency for the definition, development implementation and maintenance of management information using software tools, spreadsheets, and subsequent reports to support UK business decision making.
- Use analytical review and quality checks to ensure data integrity.Investigate anomalies and propose appropriate renditions.
- Drive operational efficiency through continuous improvements in:
- Quality by exploring system functionality to aid the business in understanding underlying issues and drivers
- Process using reference to best practice and internal service provider initiatives and ensuring process consistency and standardization
- Pro-actively contribute to the development of a highly motivated, innovative and customer-focused finance team.
- Support Finance/Process Managers in meeting/exceeding all relevant targets and strategic objectives.
Is this the right role for me?
To be successful within this role you will be ACA or ACCA qualified or due to qualify in the next 3 months, making the first move into industry from practice with relevant experience gained in a top ten firm. A willingness to build relationships and communicate at a variety of levels will be essential, alongside the ability to think outside the box and look at the bigger picture with a specific focus on commercial decision making.
Reporting Accountant package:
- £40,000 - £47,000
- Company Pension
- 25 days holiday
- Private Healthcare
If interested in the Reporting Accountant role please contact Alex Britton on or