- Previous experience within accounts/finance is essential
- Familiarity and skill with Microsoft Excel and some Microsoft Access experience would be an advantage.
- Comfortable moving between different applications quickly (i.e. excel and internet banking) and navigating spreadsheets with multiple tabs.
- Strong effective communicator in writing and in interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure - in relation to the Bankwire process.
- AAT Qualified (Desirable)
- Driving license essential.
Our client is seeking a candidate to cover a 1 year maternity contract as an Assistant Accountant.
The role is working in a large corporate environment in a Finance Department of 40 within a varied role. Working within a smaller team of 4 reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for duties as follows:
- Applying customer deposits to individual accounts.
- Banking cheques
- Providing support to the chargeback team within Finance - will be involved in raising defence's, and also reversing transactions where necessary depending on the result of the defence.
- Providing cover for daily Bankwire process for customers, ensuring all banking deadlines are adhered to.
- Providing cover for the review of bank wire issues reported by the customer payments department, communicating with the banking providers and customer payments department - this includes requests for traces, recalls and fax amendments.
- Ad hoc customer payment department queries regarding bank wires.