Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager
The Manufacturing Engineering & Facilities Manager is a key appointment within a highly successful, specialist dispenser manufacturing company and a fully integrated subsidiary of a leading global corporation. Operating from a significant site with 500 employees they have an excellent reputation for the innovation, quality and breadth of products, supplying a wide and demanding marketplace in which the requirements for world-class quality are ever present. The business is the development and manufacture of a broad range of fuel dispenser products on both a batch and project basis with significant bespoke elements utilizing a wide range of technologies, materials and an extended supply chain.
The role carries responsibility for the leadership and further development of the Manufacturing Engineering function working with a professional, experienced and highly focused team of engineers and technical specialists. The Company is committed to appoint a high calibre individual on an upward curve in their career who is capable of leading and motivating in a hands-on way an established manufacturing team.
As Manufacturing Engineering & Facilities Manager you will have the vision and creativity to ensure a strong working relationship with your colleagues in quality, engineering and commercial functions whilst simultaneously ensuring that longer term manufacturing & facilities goals are achieved. The Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager will be responsible for the overall performance, development and maintenance of manufacturing technical resources and capability (both equipment and personnel). This will include responsibility for;
- support design, manufacture & test hydraulic / mechanical assemblies for existing and new products, covering, design / process / methods / work instructions / time & study / quality.
- generation and delivery of cost reduction projects.
- all aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering Function relating to the introduction, manufacture and ongoing support of Products, supporting the Assembly and Test processes.
- overall responsibility to maintain factory equipment and services.
- manage the team to drive improvements in equipment effectiveness as well as overall process, quality, availability improvements.
- the NPI program through the concurrent engineering process to optimise factory resources/strategy and implementation on new product process or equipment.
- Development of Lean manufacturing principles within the team and the wider factory
Direct Report: Director Manufacturing
Possess a minimum of Degree level of Engineering or related manufacturing engineering qualification.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in a manufacturing/production management position
Experience gained in world-class manufacturing business; progression will have seen you grow through operations and into a manufacturing leadership position.
- Able to demonstrate that you have delivered change.
- Able to plan work and delegate to team members effectively
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to be a project leader who can control and delegate many different tasks in a cross functional team
- Be an assertive character who will work & motivate others to provide multi-departmental support.
- Be commercially aware
- Be a team player.
- Have the drive to improve overall performance.
Cultural awareness of interactions with EMEA and global partners
TYPE OF PERSON
- Facilitating change through coaching, mentoring and leadership to ensure that a world-class quality environment is the norm.
- Persistent; Assertive, strong Communicator
- Analytical problem solver and pragmatic
Flexibility to travel (e.g. Site/Field visits and meetings across EMEA)
FURTHER CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
This is a superb career opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineering & Facilities Manager with a dynamic, growing global corporation. The Company is committed to employee fulfilment, inclusion, diversity and wellness and the prospects for you to move into either a senior operations role or a larger divisional role are very real.
Our client is based in Dundee and will cover some relocation costs.