Romsey SO51 up to £25,000
This is a superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing business as a Surveyor/Estimator within the civil/engineering space.
Role Profile for Surveyor/Estimator
- To prepare drawings and tender enquiries and calculate/ ascertain scope, dimensions and values of potential projects
- Complete detailed quotations/costing for labour, plant consumables and accessories
- To attend pre-contract/pre-let meetings as and when required
- Liaising with the contacts department at all stages
- Support the Contracts Manager in negotiating through any disagreements with the client and issue early revisions and penalty notices for any changes
- Carry out post contract job costing (Budget/Actual) for each project
Candidate Essentials for Surveyor/Estimator
- A good degree of experience gained in a commercial construction environment
- A Qualification in a construction, civil engineering, quantity surveying or similar discipline
- Able to read and interpret construction plans and drawings
- Fully conversant with methodology (Grant Charts, Project Initiation Documents etc)
- A strong and 'can do’ attitude
- Logical and robust decision making ability that stands up to challenge
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and the ability to discuss at all levels
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Office suite
You will require a driving licence for this role as you will be expected to travel to client’s sites.
Candidates interested in this role may also be searching for: Contracts Supervisor, Estimator, Surveyor, Project Manager and Contracts Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a growing business as a Surveyor/Estimator near Romsey.