Junior Account Manager
One of Europe's market leading mobile app startup
Our client is a VC-backed tech start-up based out of London operating in 6 European markets, that provides an innovative service for crowdsourcing real-world data in real time. Thanks to a widespread network of +375,000 on-demand workers using an iPhone or Android app, our client can provide reliable data to clients from thousands of locations within a matter of days.
They launched in 2012 and they have experienced rapid growth, now holding market leader status in Europe and counting close to 100 active clients, including Coca-Cola, Vodafone, Heineken, Nestlé, Sony, HP and Samsung, among others. To date, they have provided these brands with insights into over 120,000 stores across Europe, converting the great majority of them into loyal recurrent customers.
In other words, they are taking on a huge and outdated market by leveraging innovative technology and the power of crowds to bring valuable and real-time insights to brands, at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
They currently have a team of 70+ with offices in London (commercial HQ), Madrid, Paris and Milan.
They are growing rapidly and are looking for a driven and passionate Junior Account Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join a busy, pan-European mobile app start-up. In your role you will support the UK Account Manager in managing relationships with top tier manufacturers and retailers, nurturing accounts to increase annual billing, and working closely with Sales to make sure that every new piece of business won is serviced to an exacting standard.
Over time, they expect you to move to a more active customer-facing role, where you will be facing into some of their key accounts, aiming to deliver deeper integration of their data solution into these businesses, measurable account growth and customer success. With a tech-savvy team of seasoned entrepreneurs, they have a unique opportunity to become the dominant player in the data crowdsourcing space, a market receiving considerable attention and investment.
- Digital competence, knowledge and experience using online tools and databases
- Flexible attitude and confidence to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous start-up environment is essential
- Strong desire and willingness to learn, especially to develop the skills needed for successful Account Management
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to establish relationships with external stakeholders quickly after basic introductions
- Keen to learn how to upsell and cross-sell new lines of business to existing clients - a "farmer" mindset
- Results oriented, good attention to detail and 100% execution focus
- Analytical and KPI-driven mindset
- Good with MS Office, primarily Excel and PowerPoint. Able to synthesise data into a story·
- Truly entrepreneurial attitude, restless personality, and a strong desire for growth
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and able to work in a team as well as independently
- A passionate team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Clear and articulate manner, both verbal and written
- Experience managing relationships with Manager or Director level at large UK/EU organisations is a plus·
- Experience with early stage or high growth companies is a plus
- Experience in campaign delivery / account servicing ideally in a SaaS, data, FMCG/CPG, tech start-up, or e-commerce company is a plus
The company offers
- Become a successful entrepreneur in one of the leading tech start-ups in Europe
- Combine success and fun within a great company culture together with smart, driven, diverse, and social people
- Great working atmosphere in an international environment
- Immediate responsibility and the opportunity to learn from start-up veterans
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development