Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is an international business, specialising in metals trading as well as the manufacture and distribution of steel and advanced engineering products.
About the client:
Operating from four strategically positioned financial hubs in London, Dubai, Singapore and Hong Kong, the Group has sites in Europe, Africa, the Far and Middle East, Australia and North America. With a network of offices spread across 30 countries around the world, its current turnover is approximately $4.2 billion and it employs circa 3,000 people globally.
Our client has two main operating arms - Commodities and Industries. Commodities is a comprehensive services provider to the global steel and metal industries. It specialises in the provision of innovative trade and supply chain solutions, including financing options, to its clients through an international network developed over a quarter of a century. Industries contains the majority of the Group's manufacturing capacity. It is a fully integrated global industrial business delivering a large range of engineering solutions - from liquid steel production and distribution through to value added advanced engineering products and services - across many sectors.
The plant in Sheerness is starting steel production in Kent - reviving a decades old tradition of steel-making in the area.
About the role:
We are looking to appoint a Lead Electrical Engineer to be involved with this exciting project right at its inception: from start-up and commissioning through to the eventual business-as-usual management of mechanical engineering for the site.
Successful candidates will be experienced in the operational and engineering aspects of Bar or Rod Mill operations. Working independently and willing to take ownership and responsibility for your project deliverables you will initially guide and manage consultants and contractors to carry out the re-build and commissioning work within budgeted cost and time. On completion of the project you will assume operational and maintenance responsibility for electrical engineering and projects on the site.
Person / duties:
- Should be well acquainted with the Safety, Health and Environmental impact, legal / statutory requirement and be able to comply all aspects ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the above.
- Significant experience with the design and operation aspect of the plant and equipment within a bar or rod mill.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret various drawings, documents, software, procedures and other technical material and be able to discuss the same with the suppliers, contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Ability to build and lead a team to complete the commissioning within budget of time and cost and manage maintenance and Capex thereafter.
- Extensive experience of Bar & Rod Mill plant/ equipment, with knowledge of global benchmarks for mill performance and best-practice.
- Should be able to work in a high performing team effectively and should be result oriented while maintaining the highest standard of ethics and team work.
- Successful candidate will be an inspiring leader and motivator, with the vision to create best-in-class electrical engineering and maintenance, based around a culture of continuous improvement, fact / data based analysis and decision making.
- Proven effectiveness in working effectively with and across business functions in order to deliver successful business-focussed outcomes.
As this is a start-up operation we require individuals with a flexible and can-do attitude. Educational qualification and experience required:
- A Graduate Electrical Engineer with significant post-graduation experience gained within a UK or European rod or bar mill operation.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, with a can-do attitude and culture, you will be well organised, with meticulous attention to detail.
- You should be able to work under own initiative with excellent communication skills.