Sales Manager - Welding
I am recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join an established Utilities company covering the South West.
Title: Business Development Manager (can work from home)
Salary: £35K-£40K + Car
Extras: Bonus structure
Excellent Company Benefits: holidays, healthcare, pension, laptop & phone
Your Principal responsibilities:
• To secure targeted new or competition business (90% of role), and to manage new customers through a transition to field-based account management (10% of role)
• To maximise new business wins for revenue & profit
• Networking to self-generate leads to supplement targeted leads generated elsewhere
• Engage in campaigns for promotional activity to increase sales.
• Ensure market intelligence is gathered and fed through the wider organisation
• Develop and build contacts at all levels within the customer base
• To pass leads to other Business development personnel – as appropriate dependant on scale
• To win current customer/portfolio business, only where instructed to by customer primary contact – for example working with time-constrained Field Account Manager, Key Account Manager, or Telephone Sales who requires field support.
Your Required key skills :
• Proven experience in field sales and negotiation
• Strong communication skills both oral and written
• Strong time management and organisation of geography and visits in order to maximise face-to-face customer time and value
• Prioritisation of all tasks to maximise financial return
• Good preparation to ensure meetings with potential customers are targeted and purposeful
• Demonstrates ability to close deals and win business at pace
• Demonstrates essential listening skills and professional sales techniques
• Demonstrates an understanding of our core products and processes, and an ability to differentiate.
• Commercial acumen Inc. understanding margins, importance of smart pricing, and factors which affect the achievement of targets
• Result focused and sales driven
• Relationship building & negotiation
• Team friendly
• Excellent customer service
For a detailed job description, please contact myself - Jamie Martin (Team Manager) directly on 01793 508485.
Alternatively please email your CV with cover letter to Jamie.Martin@reedglobal.com.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business