High-profile, national housebuilder is currently looking to appoint a Management Accountant for a recently-launched and rapidly-expanding regional team.
This is a newly-created role and offers clearly-defined progression to become a Finance Manager in the near future.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Finance, the Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the Regional Board, regional senior management and central services to oversee, control and, in conjunction with the Regional Head of Finance, produce and complete management plans in accordance with strict deadlines.
- Monitoring regional performance against management plans.
- Supporting the production of weekly outlooks including any associated analysis.
- Reviewing monthly site overhead reports and investigating variances.
- Monthly Sales & Marketing and Customer Care cost reviews.
The Management Accountant will also be responsible for the month end report pack, which, includes:
- Trading Results compared to Past Management Plans.
- Turnover & Gross Profit Report by Site.
- Selling Price Review against Forecast.
- Land Bank reconciliation.
- Overhead Schedule and Variance Report compared to Work in Progress Reports.
- Home Exchange Scheme Reports.
- Reconciliation of key account codes and raising and posting of accruals, prepayments and relevant journals.
- Half-year and Year-end Financial Accounts Reconciliation.
Additional responsibilities for the Management Accountant include:
- Assisting the Regional Head of Finance in developing, controlling and implementing strategies which enable effective financial control and management of the region.
- Maintaining, updating and supporting the regional financial systems and assisting in their development.
- Ad hoc financial analysis.
- Trading Results up to pre-interest profit.
- Development Trading Forecast.
Suitable applicants for the Management Accountant position will:
- Be a Part-Qualified or Newly-Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Have proven management accounting, forecasting and operational reporting experience.
- Ideally have gained exposure to the housebuilding, construction or related project-driven sectors.
- Have demonstrable career progression and proven achievements/accomplishments.
- Be career-minded and highly-ambitious.
This is a very exciting time to join a new, growing team and offers fantastic scope to progress/develop your career.