Mechanical Project Engineer / Manager
Title:- Mechanical Project Engineer/Manager
Sector:- HVAC Building Services (Predominately High Class Residential)
- To deliver projects to completion on time and on budget, overseeing the in-house team and related sub-contractors.
- To identify, reduce and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
- Ensure that healthy and safe working conditions are effectively implemented across both in-house staff and subcontractors activities including full compliance with CDM regulations.
- To build strong relationships with the specialist contractors to ensure cost effective solutions which meet the quality expectations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A sound Health and Safety knowledge with SMSTS, IOSH, NEBOSH or similar
- A proven track record in delivering building services infrastructure projects up to £2M
- A mechanical, electrical or build related engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in delivering Mechanical and/or Electrical Project Management within the built environment
- A sound mechanical and electrical knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Demonstrable track record of managing projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with our clients and staff at all levels
Reporting to a Senior Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Monitors, reports on programme and progress.
- Ensures that technical, quality and performance standards are met. Should there be any concerns or uncertainties with regard to mechanical or electrical issues, guidance and advice must be sought.
- Ensure that the correct interpretation of the design information is adhered to correctly. Any concerns or uncertainties with regard to mechanical or electrical design issues must be brought to the attention of the Directors.
- Has sufficient technical ability to create or adapt design information when appropriate to do so, any mechanical uncertainties refer to item 3.
- Supports the installation team with technical advice, any mechanical or electrical concerns or uncertainties with regard to mechanical or electrical issues, guidance and advice must be sought.
- Ensures that timely and accurate information is available to the Contract Director and achieves tasks within timescales identified.
- Understands and works to budgets for relevant work sections.
- Ensures that procurement is technically correct and carried out in accordance with the specification and programme requirements, with all appropriate technical/manufacture submittals/approvals obtained by the professional team and/or our client. Any mechanical or electrical uncertainties guidance must be sought.
- Manages allocated sub-contractor performance.
- Creates, implements and plan in conjunction with the overall project requirement
- Contributes to overall effective teamwork but able to work independently.
- Liaises with other specialists such as surveying to ensure variations, instructions and costing are dealt with.
- Ensure the HS&E management procedures are being followed.
- Ensures that information is collated to produce accurate record drawings and manuals.
- Assist with the preparation of tenders as required.
- Overseeing the obligations and requirements of the company NICIEC Qualifying manager to the best of your ability.
- Preparation of hand sketch working M&E Drawings to enable CAD Construction drawings to be produced.
The above outlines the main duties and responsibilities of the position, however, this cannot be comprehensive and other duties, as directed by the company and within the job holder's capabilities may be required.
Other qualities required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, IT literate, with an ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Customer focused, at all times good client relationships must be maintained.
- Excellent communicator and influencer.
- Ability to perform consistently under pressure.
- Robust management of sub-contractors.