Product Design Engineer - Electro/Mechanical
A great opportunity to join the Product Development team in a challenging and varied position. You will be responsible for:
New Product Development; all activity involved in designing, prototyping and development of new products, including technical drawings, dealing with suppliers, ensuring compliance with appropriate standards, defining product testing requirements and dealing with external test houses.
Bespoke Product Development; dealing with all end customers to design bespoke products to meet customer requirements. This involves meeting their needs ensuring all health & safety requirements are met.
Technical Issues; supporting internal staff and external customers with queries of a technical nature that cannot be answered by customer services. This may also involve dealing with any product related issue.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Electrical & mechanical engineering knowledge; both through appropriate qualifications and through hands on experience.
- Must be qualified to 17th Wiring Regulations
- Experienced of designing to BS/EN standards
- 3D CAD Knowledge is essential
- Skills & experience of initial product specification & drawings suitable for provision for costing and detailed mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge & hands on experience of sheet metal fabrication methods and experience of injection moulding would be highly desirable
- The ability to assemble and modify products when making samples will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
In return our client offers a competitive salary, 26 days holiday per year, Pension and On-Site Parking.