Account Managers - Business Finance
Due to its continued success, Portman Asset Finance is searching for five new Trainee Account Managers for its Northampton office. We are looking for hungry, self-motivated and determined individuals who are keen to further their careers and earnings potential.
Base salary is from £16,000 per annum dependent on experience, with OTE in year 1 of £35,000 per annum. Commissions are uncapped.
Purpose and objectives of the role
Approaching potential customers with the aim of winning new business, working to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible, to meet personal and company targets.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Calling potential customers to prospect for new business
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid calculations of finance terms and monthly payments, etc., using payment calculators
- Negotiating interest rates with customers and lenders
- Creating detailed and accurate proposal documents
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions
- Developing and maintaining relationships with equipment suppliers
- Reviewing your own performance, meeting or exceeding targets
Skills and personal qualities
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Determination and drive to work to targets
- Literacy, numeracy and IT skills (minimum to GCSE level)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Professional manner
- Good business sense
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous sales experience is preferred. This can be face to face or telesales, with experience in car sales, estate agency, recruitment, insurance or financial services desired.
- Experience in overcoming objections, being motivated by targets and used to a fast paced environment is also desirable.
- If you haven't got the above experience but have a great academic record with the drive to succeed, then we are still keen to speak with you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, dynamic and growing company.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your CV to Greg via Reed today.