My client is a rapidly expanding commercial preventative maintenance company, & they are looking for an experienced Operations Director immediately to take over & oversee the day to day running of the business.
Currently the office is based in Essex, but they are looking to relocate to mid-Kent within the next few months.
The types of projects the company undertake are ; emergency works and planned preventative maintenance on projects of all sizes.
working in a variety of sectors such as Leisure , Local Authorities and Financial institutions.
The works they cover range from internal to external ; drainage, guttering, fabric etc & sites range from Norwich to Brighton ; so traveling will be involved within this area from time to time. You will be reporting into the Business owner as and when necessary, discussing projects, issues and escalation queries, but the key aspect of this role is to manage the day to day running of the works.
You will also appreciate the works involved are not always within office hours, so you will need to be contactable outside these hours to liaise with various personnel.
Duties to include;
• Control of workflow across all business; works range from £5k - £30k
• Site visits to new clients , pricing up jobs ; materials, timeframe, labour costs etc
• Preparation of quotes and sending them to appropriate contacts
• Chasing up outstanding quotes
• Maintaining current supplier lists for all materials & overseeing cost control & instigating new partnerships where required
• Managing clients expectations
• Liaising with key stakeholders regarding any issues on new, current projects and finished projects
• Managing key account
• Keeping to tight SLA’s on all works schedule ; emergency, planned etc
• All other duties associated with running a busy, demanding PPM related role
Experience & Skills
• Proven experience in a similar role and ideally within PPM /FM/construction industry
• Extensive experience of pricing up projects ; ensuring all areas are covered within quote
• Experience of managing key accounts & key stakeholders
• Experience of multiple project management ;cost analysis, budget management ; labour costs, workforce
• H&S; Risk assessments etc
You will also need to be a driver due to site visits
If you have the necessary experience required and are ideally available immediately (although all relevant applications will be considered)
Please contact Claire Power and send your CV immediately