An exciting opportunity is available for a Property Accountant to join a Market leading, Property Management firm in Birmingham City Centre.
The role of the Property Accountant will report directly into the Finance Manager and requires strong property accounting experience and full understanding of the working of a service charge account and the year-end process.
The Property Accountant will take immediate responsibility for a portfolio or group of clients and have full responsibility for the database maintenance of all property/tenant details, all client reporting and all service charge reconciliation work for the associated properties.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure the maintenance of lease details on the database is performed in an accurate & timely manner
- Maintain and update property service charge year end and budget information on the database, monitor budget to actual reporting and actively manage shortfalls in the service charge account
- Responsibility of budget monitoring of own portfolio and reporting exceptions
- Carry out quarterly reviews of the Service Charge accounts with surveyor/facilities manager
- Complete year end reviews with surveyors and BGVA appointed accountants
- Produce monthly financial reporting and take responsibility for Client statement updates
- Produce VAT reports including monthly or quarterly reconciliation and settlement of the VAT account
- Report directly to Clients at regular finance/accounts review meetings both on/off-site
- Assume full responsibility and control of the quarterly timetable for own portfolio for all regular charges and liaising with the admin team
- Responsibility of accurate recovery of ad-hoc/one-off lease recharges
- Liaise with utilities team on all issues they may have with the portfolio
- Ensure timely recovery of utility charges and associated reconciliation of the utility recharge account
- Liaise with credit control/supervisor to enable recovery of all charges
- Liaise with accounts payable on all issues they may have with the portfolio
- Review of all bank account reconciliations for the portfolio and ensuring that the reconciling items are dealt with correctly on a monthly basis
- Liaise with cashiers on all issues they may have with the portfolio
- Arrange all Rental/Insurance receipts to be transferred to clients, proving ad-hoc requests as appropriate
- Assist PMA Helpdesk with all queries they need resolving in a timely manner
- Responsibility for weekly/monthly updates to departmental control and compliance reports for the portfolio
- Have a proactive approach to risk management
The above list summarises main responsibilities to be carried out in the role but is not exhaustive. You may be asked to carry out additional activities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstration of accounting skill / ability within a property accounting environment
- Personality to mix and work with a busy team
- Ability to communicate and deliver a quality service
- Experience within a Property and Housing background
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply below or contact Kevin Tse on or .