Head of Asset Strategy and Compliance
What you’ll be doing
In this key role you will lead the asset strategy and compliance team to devise, develop and ensure appropriate investment decisions are made in compliance with Hanover’s annual asset investment programme, with our customer requirements at the heart of all our activities.
The creation of this role follows a restructure of the Asset Management function and is an exciting opportunity to help shape the delivery of Hanover’s ambitious asset management strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading Hanover’s stock appraisal process, undertaking periodic reviews and ensuring Hanover makes appropriate investment decisions
- Ensuring asset management data is collected, recorded, maintained and analysed to enable effective Asset Investment programmes to be devised and developed, for delivery by the Asset Investment Team
- Ensuring compliance issues and consistent technical standards are applied to the development of all contract management, performance management and budgetary control across all regions
- Ensuring that repair demand intelligence is used to influence planned programmes
- Managing the planning cycle to ensure a full 12 months of programmed activity each year
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive set of service standards, technical and design standards, policies, operating procedures, etc.
- Ensuring we maintain a single Hanover Quality Standard, which is consistent in all areas of service delivery, standards and compliance responsibility
- Managing lifecycle investment planning
- Planning and ensuring the delivery of sustainability in all areas of service delivery
Who we need
The Head of Asset Strategy and Compliance is a key position; we need proven leaders with significant knowledge of the housing/care sector, and understanding of building construction, property maintenance and improvement. You should be comfortable working in a changing environment, and have experience in managing a multi-site service.
Key skills and experiences required:
- Experience of formulating asset management strategies and developing investment programmes of works and services
- Track record of developing performance in a strategic and compliance environment
- Ability to apply strong specialist skills to managing strategic (planning and compliance) areas of responsibility
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong skills in performance management, monitoring and financial management
- Degree in Building, Construction or equivalent
Who we are
Hanover employs more than 900 people throughout England. We are an inclusive employer and our investment in you is recognised by the Gold Standard award for Investors in People.
At Hanover we believe in values. We are Honest, Connected, Positive, Courageous, Respectful and Inclusive. We believe our people should be proud of the work they do making a difference to society and our customers.
What we offer
We believe in supporting you, and have a range of lifestyle benefits to ensure a good work-life balance, and a positive sense of wellbeing. Our attractive packages include:
- 28 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays) and 1.5 company allocated days
- Option to take up to 10 days unpaid leave per year
- Contributory pension scheme, with employer contributions and non-contributory life assurance
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity and paternity pay, childcare vouchers and flexible working patterns
- A dedicated Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential support and advice
About the role
- Salary£75,000 per annum
- Hours: 35 per week, Monday to Friday
- Location: Gateway House, Cornbrash Park, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6RA
- Closing date: 31 March 2017