Sales Events Manager
Events Sales Manager
A long established hospitality business set in beautiful surroundings are seeking an Events Sales Manager to join their friendly team based within a fabulous location in Richmond.
You will enjoy free breakfast/lunch plus excellent bonuses
This is a full time permanent role, paying £30 -35K (depending on experience) plus a generous bonus. hours 9.00-6.00 plus some weekend work.
The primary function of this role is to manage the events department and assist with the development of sales and marketing strategy.
- Manage the events department to ensure operations run efficiently
- Sell functions e.g. Weddings, Private Parties, Meetings etc.
- Ensure administrative duties are carried out
- Ensure all enquiries are handled effectively
- Arrange meetings with potential customers
- Maintain up to date details of functions
- Oversee financial transactions to make sure they are in line with procedures and policies
- Circulate agendas to departments one week prior to the event date
- Ensure the smooth running of events through liaison and organisation with relevant departments.
- People Management experience
-Strong financial and commercial understanding
- Good selling and negotiating skills
- Customer service focused
- Able to use online systems (i.e. reservation systems)
- Previous management experience
- Understanding of targets, profits and budgets
- Strong understanding of business strategy