Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team in Southgate, London that are responsible for the accounts for our housing department. Working 37.5 hours per week, you will provide a comprehensive and cohesive management and financial accounting service to a designated operational service, whilst managing a small team. You will provide technical support as well as produce management and financial accounts for different areas of the business.
About the job:
- Management of an Accounts Assistant.
- Supporting the provision of a comprehensive and cohesive financial advice and supporting service to a designated customer base.
- Assisting with the preparation of business plans and budgets.
- Preparing management accounts.
- Participating in the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Monitoring budgets and producing budget information and reports for business managers; supporting managers to identify variances and assist in the forecasting process.
- Ensuring all income and expenditure is recorded correctly in the accounts and in line with the approved budget to enable the production of accurate and timely accounts.
- Ensuring that all reconciliations are up to date.
- Supporting the audit process, preparing audit files.
- Working with your line manager to determine the parameters of service delivery and customer service protocols for your own team; then managing them accordingly.
- Providing the team with professional advice and guidance and managerial support so that they achieve their objectives with confidence and within a supportive management framework.
- Recruiting, inducting, developing and managing performance to promote continuous improvement in service outcomes.
- Ensuring the Metropolitan Management Guide is understood and followed.
- Ensuring resources, e.g. people, IT, financial, are utilised efficiently and within budget.
- Maintaining and further develop the Metropolitan finance systems, working with colleagues in IT Services, as appropriate.
- A CCAB, CIMA or Overseas equivalent qualified accountant. Exceptions will be given to suitably part-qualified accountant with relevant experience.
- A competent team leader and task supervisor, with the ability to inspire teams to achieve the very best through instilling a performance management culture.
- Demonstrable experience of business planning and budgeting.
- Previous experience of working within a housing association.
- Experience of service charges and asset management.
- An affinity with the work of the social housing / care sector.
-Educated to degree level, or equivalent in desirable.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
** Shortlisting will take place on Thursday 23rd March **