- Project Engineer
- £30,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Car + Package
- Manchester, North West
Perpetual Engineering is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for a long-standing partner. The company are a front runner in their market specialising in the design, build and installation of Ventilation, Dust Extraction and Filtration systems. They have been hugely successful and have already grown their turnover by £1.5 million in the last 18 months. The long term plan is to double in size over the next 5 years and to help do this they are looking to recruit ambitious and driven individuals. Long term the company offer fantastic career development and progression opportunities for the right individuals.
This role will sit within the company's well-established Projects team and will initially begin with the successful candidate working alongside the existing Project Engineers to develop an understanding of products and the project processes. In this position you will own turnkey concept to competition projects taking them from initial customer enquiry, putting together design work, technical specification, proposal documentation before managing the relationship through to installation and commissioning. Projects typically last around 3-5 months on average and can range in value from £30,000 up to £1.5 million.
- Undertake site surveys at client sites.
- Compose general arrangement drawings, detail manufacturing designs, system designs, estimates and quotations.
- Purchasing of equipment and services within project budgets and in line with the company's procedures.
- Maintain drawing records and contact documentation
- Ensure the successful engineering on the time and within budget of the project through to commissioning and client approval.
The role would suit an outgoing and commercially aware individual with a strong technical background in engineering design and projects. You will be a positive driven person that can work under your own initiative. You will have a strong commercial and technical acumen and enjoy working in a customer facing environment. You will have a strong understanding of capital equipment sales and the ability to provide solutions to technical problems. You should possess excellent hands-on design skills, using Solidworks or a similar 3D CAD package.
Key Candidate requirements
- Commercial experience - (Ideally in projects, design or applications roles)
- Design experience (Solidworks or a similar 3D CAD package)
- Flexibility to travel - UK based
- Negotiation and Persuasive skills
- Self-confidence and a good commercial awareness
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity, please apply or send your C.V to arrange a conversation.
Perpetual Engineering is a UK based Recruitment Company providing the highest quality of service. Allied with Cygnet Group, a leading group of diversified engineering companies helps Perpetual Engineering combine their extensive recruitment experience with engineering knowledge.
Do you know someone who would suit this position?? We pay up to £250 in vouchers if we place anyone you refer.