Finance/Accounts Assistant - Derby
* Prepares finance accounting work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
* Maintains subsidiary accounts by reconciling balances; preparing journal entries.
* Maintains journal entries by entering and editing data.
* Prepares special financial reports and graphs by collecting and summarising account information and trends.
* Maintains system codes by researching, collecting, and keying new or changed data.
* Completes financial transactions by verifying and correcting transaction information; scheduling and preparing transactions; obtaining authorisations.
* Ensures account accuracy by reconciling transactions; investigating and resolving discrepancies; following policies and procedures; keeping information confidential.
* Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
* Maintains historical records by preparing, sorting, and filing documents.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Data Entry Skills, Reporting Skills, Organisation, Confidentiality, Attention to Detail, General Maths Skills, Teamwork, Financial Software, Verbal Communication, Analysing Information