Chef Manager - Hyman Fine
The 350 Hotel services team members form part of the Operations Department based in all Resources at Jewish Care.
This post is based at our Hyman Fine Care Home in Brighton.
40 hours per week worked 5 days out of 7 including weekends
The role of Chef Manager will involve the delivery of Hotel Services within Jewish Care Homes and Community Centres. This position will be responsible for the effective delivery and food services to an excellent standard. Accountable for food standards, meeting Health & Safety Regulations, financial controls, management and development of teams and effective communication.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To ensure all food hygiene and Health & Safety practices are monitored, met and recorded in line with organisational policies and current legislations. Ensure all food produced is to the agreed standard, developing innovative approaches ensuring market trends and cultural requirements are met.
- To work within the agreed budget, administer unit controls in line with budget and consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service.
- Manage financial and administrative requirements to ensure Jewish Care budgets and Policies are adhered to.
- To ensure that individual learning needs are met through provision of high quality training and development to inspire learners in developing their skills and capabilities.
- To keep abreast of best practice within the Catering sector to ensure Jewish Care’s training and development remains relevant and innovative.
- To lead and motivate the team to ensure agreed qualitative outcomes are achieved and customer service expectations are achieved and maintained. Delivery of a proactive, flexible and positive customer experience to ensure individual service users’ needs are met.
- City of Guilds 706 1 / 2 or equivalent of. ? Current Advanced Food Safety Certificate or willingness to undertake statutory requirements.
- Can demonstrate significant experience in a Hospitality leadership role, preferably multi-site operation.
- Experience in developing a team.
- Experience of working to deadlines and adhering to budgetary requirements.
- Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, Jewish Care Pension scheme 4% employer contributions with free life insurance, travel season ticket loans, child care vouchers, and credit union and financial support, plus more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community’s physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by creating excellent social care that enhances well-being and inspires them to stay connected to their community. The organisation is committed to finding innovative solutions tailored to the people who use their services.
We are a proud to be multi award winning organisation. Prestigious awards and accolades they have received include; The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, The Investors in People Gold standard and the Customer Service Excellence Standard.