Finance Business Partner
Golden Charter is the UK's leading provider of funeral plans. With more than 300 employees and 25 years’ experience in helping people take care of their funeral arrangements and later life planning needs, Golden Charter is the expert when it comes to planning ahead.
The success of our business is down to our people and our priority is making Golden Charter a great place to work. We recognise potential, providing opportunities that fit an individual’s skills and talents, and ensure the right support is in place. Opportunities for promotion within Golden Charter are commonplace with over 100 internal promotions in the last 2 years. Our commitment to our people, and our innovative thinking, has contributed to us becoming an industry-leading organisation with sales growth in excess of 150% over the last five years.
We are currently looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner to join our growing Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Planning and Analysis, the Finance Business Partner will work closely with senior management in other parts of the business - predominantly our Legal Services Business Unit and the Marketing function - to provide insights based on analysis of operational and financial performance.
- Use of financial analysis to support decision-making and facilitate change by working closely with a number of different departments across the business.
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance by ensuring processes deliver reliable financial information in a format that enables senior managers to drive performance.
- Bring financial performance challenge to the business areas, providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies.
- Responsibility for delivering budgeting and forecasting processes for agreed business areas.
- Preparation and ownership of reliable and informative management and financial reports for senior management, including appropriate variance analysis and cost performance analysis.
- Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams.
- A strong team player, who is resilient, motivated and not easily discouraged.
- Excellent analytical prowess and an ability to identify trends and relationships across numerous datasets to inform decisions and support recommendations.
- Ability to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of commercial issues.
- Advanced financial modelling skills, preferably trained in a recognised industry standard.
- Highly developed oral, written, and presentation skills, with an ability to communicate financial information effectively to non-finance managers.
- Ability to see value in the information you provide and to inspire others to make use of it.
- Professional accounting qualification, with 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Prior experience of working in a similar role, or ability to demonstrate transferable key skills.
- Preferably experience working with a Marketing team assessing effectiveness of marketing activity
- Ideally experience of working in both business-to-business and business-to-consumer environments, but not essential that both are covered.
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 plus up to 30% annual bonus
Benefits: Onsite parking, pension contribution, life insurance, subsidised gym membership, various funded social events.