QUANTITY SURVEYOR - VIVID BUILD - NORTH TOWN DEVELOPMENT SITE
VIVID Build are a construction contractor which have been created as a subsidiary of First Wessex, a Hampshire based housing association, with a vision for 'Quality Local Homes'. Already award-winning and recently praised as a Considerate Constructor by the CCS for the North Town development site, VIVID Build work in partnership with local authorities to build new homes that benefit local communities.
We have a unique opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor based at the £31m North Town Development Site in Aldershot on a full time, permanent basis working 40 hours per week. The salary is £57,500 per annum (plus £4,500 for car allowance) and we offer a great benefits package too, including 25 days holiday, paid mileage (23p per mile) and much more!
What will I be doing?
As Quantity Surveyor, you will assist with the Financial Management of a large mixed new-build housing contract from pricing through to completion and final accounts, including Cost Planning, Procurement, Cost Control and Supplier management. You'll also be responsible for the Financial Management of specific projects.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Planning and managing the budget of specific projects within the VIVID Build business plan. Providing construction contract advice and ensuring appropriate contracts in place
- Ensuring the highest standards of safety, health and welfare of all those working on site, visitors and the general public
- Working with the Project Manager and site management to ensure that the project and any phased handovers are completed within the agreed timetable
- Producing trade package enquiries in accordance with the project programme, Employers Requirements, specifications and drawings
- Negotiating, and drafting subcontract package agreements
- Authorising payments for materials, interim and final subcontract payments, producing cost / value reconciliations as required
- Ensuring that the costs of the project do not exceed the agreed budget and that the project equals or exceeds the agreed profit margin; maintaining accurate reporting and excellent internal and external communication
What do I need to have?
- Relevant Degree/HNC or equivalent (in quantity surveying or construction) - proof of qualifications will be required at interview stage if successfully shortlisted
- Valid Construction Skills Certification Scheme card to Manager (or equivalent) level
- Demonstrable success and extensive experience as a contractor's Quantity Surveyor for large housing association projects, preferably with a mix of houses and flats
- Proficient in use of ICT relevant to the role: Email, Word and Excel user
- Full current driving licence with access to a vehicle
- Able to work on site and climb ladders, scaffolding, stairs etc
It would be desirable, yet not essential, for you to have the following:
- MRICS or MCIOB or equivalent professional qualification
- Valid CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) Certificate
- Valid HSE approved First-Aid at Work Certificate
We reserve the right to amend the closing date based upon the number of applications received. Vacancies attracting a high volume of applications may therefore close earlier than advertised.
If you have any questions or if you need additional support, please contact us on or email and we'll be happy to help.
Don't have online access? No problem! Please call to request a paper application form and we will post this out to you, or you can collect this from one of our offices.
This role is subject to essential qualifications check.