Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Manager
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE MANAGER
TEMPORARY - TO START ASAP
This is an interim role, reporting into the Financial controller, with 2 direct reports (AP Supervisor & AR supervisor). The business is currently recruiting for a Manager on a permanent basis and requires some assistance in the meantime. If successful, naturally you may be considered for the permanent opportunity should you wish to apply.
We are looking for strong retail experience across stock, overheads, wholesale and concessions. Someone that can work at pace and effectively manage core operations, while implementing change to make a difference. This person plays a key management role within the Finance team, supporting and driving the processes and controls of international expansion and managing both the AP and AR teams.
Managing a team of four whose duties include processing of stock and non-stock invoices as well as the review and payment of employee expenses.
- Oversee and manage the processing of stock invoices monitoring volumes so workload can be managed.
- Matching discrepancies to be investigated and the monitoring QC is essential by the team.
- Stock Supplier setup process is adhered to and paperwork filed.
- Liaise with Buying and QC teams when required to resolve stock issues.
- HMRC deferment account must be monitored each week and any potential issues that may result in our account limit being exceeded are highlighted to senior management.
- HMRC Duty costs are allocated to shipment consignments in a timely manner.
- Oversee and manage the processing of non-stock invoices, these must be logged and distributed around the business in a timely manner for approval.
- Team must ensure the authorisation process has been followed (including description, nominal account, VAT) prior to posting invoices.
- Specific attention needs dedicating to invoices relating to our overseas legal entities and branches, including VAT and local invoice requirements.
- Review the invoice register and identify and chase authorisers for overdue invoices.
- Maintain Approvers Limits on both Navision and off system.
- Oversee the administration and processing of employee expenses and company credit cards.
- Ensuring the expenses approval process has been followed in accordance with the Company Staff Expenses policy.
- Webexpenses and manual claims are to be processed and payment made per agreed deadlines.
- Will be the system Administrator for the Webexpenses, Company Credit Card, and point of contact for Webexpenses Support Team, Lloyds Credit Card Team, as well as internal staff.
Other AP duties
- Oversee the production of suppler payment runs, you will be responsible for the review and first approval.
- Review Vendor amendment reports and ensure the correct process has been flowed.
- Statement Reconciliations to be carried out on a quarterly basis
- It will be necessary to assist in the processing of invoices at peak times
- Ensure that the Invoice Register is maintained to accurately produce the month end accrual Journal
Managing a team of two, you will be responsible for reviewing the cash collection processes and be the point of contact for all escalated issues.
- Building strong relationships with the 'Wholesale Team', providing support as well as insights into how we continue to deliver their sales growth.
- Wholesale customer stock allocations to be reviewed and stock released in accordance with Company policy, but judgement and decision making required on a case by case basis.
- Review Aged Debtors with team and agree actions on a weekly basis
- Weekly and monthly reporting deadlines are adhered too
- Debtors Reporting
- 'On Hold' Customer Reporting
- French Agent Reporting
- Commission calculations
- Month End Finance Pack
- Initiate legal proceedings when required to collect overdue debt
- Manage the relationship with debt collection agencies when instructed to act on our behalf
- Update the bad debt provision on a quarterly basis
- Provide cover for the day to day running of the AR functions
- Oversee the issuing of self-billing Concession invoices (UK and overseas), reconciliations to be performed monthly.
- Calculation of monthly agent commission
THE SUSSESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Retail experience essential. International experience preferred. German or French speaking beneficial but not essential
- Strong management skills to ensure that both teams are motivated, engaged, focused on priorities, and that controls are maintained and improved
- Ability to build effective relationships that help drive business success, particularly with cross functional stakeholders
- Ability to communicate, negotiate and influence colleagues at all levels, particularly cross functionally
- Experience leading process improvements and implementation of change processes
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to a fast-paced and busy retail environment
- A can-do attitude, willingness to roll up their sleeves to get things done
- A broad range of accounting skills will be necessary to get involved in various other areas of the balance sheet
- Strong system and IT skills are essential, including excel skills (pivot, VLOOKUP)