Operational Risk Delivery Manager
Purpose of the Role:
- Lead the planning of activity across the CRO’s function and monitor progress against the function’s objectives and agreed deliverables.
- Drive effective communication of risk management initiatives and expectations to our business as a whole.
- Provide effective risk partnering to the three P&L businesses, Control functions and Enterprise Services.
- Develop, maintain and track a developmental plan to build capability covering the whole of Risk & Governance activity.
- Develop and maintain BAU calendar of activity covering the whole of the Risk & Governance function.
- Work closely with Risk and Governance colleagues to ensure timely delivery against these plans and highlight any areas where intervention is required.
- Draft reporting for Executive and Board audiences to communicate progress against these plans.
- Work across the Risk & Governance function in presenting to the business a coordinated and proactive approach to stakeholder communication and education.
- Support the Head of ERM in delivering an efficient and effective ORSA process.
- Work with the CRO and Company Secretary to ensure that effective support is provided to the Board’s Risk Sub-Committee.
- Work with the risk team to provide 2nd line oversight and challenge to business projects and BAU business activity, ensuring timely delivery of risk registers and risk assessments.
- Oversee all risk and audit requirements and actions for the Risk Operations function within the Risk and Governance department, ensuring the company is protected from risk as much as possible.
- Ensure all Regulatory requirements (including SIMR) are met and that proper training practices and information are in place where appropriate across the business.
- To comply, at all times, with the PRA and FCA Rules so far as they relate to the role.
- To comply, at all times, with the PRA Conduct Standards and FCA Conduct Rules relating to the role.
- To perform and discharge competently the duties associated with and arising from any PRA Prescribed Responsibility allocated to the position.
- Collaborative, business-focused approach.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Strong intellectual and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong planning and process management skills.
- High levels of drive and motivation to deliver high quality outcomes at pace.
- Desire for self-development and growth towards a leadership role.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of building and monitoring delivery of plans to agreed timescales, preferably in the risk management arena.
- Good understanding of the operational risks facing financial services businesses.
- Understanding of the requirements of Solvency II, in particular relating to Risk Management and System of Governance.
- Proven track record of providing effective 2nd line challenge to senior management.
- Broad understanding of the business functions and commercial drivers of financial services businesses.