Retail Area Manager
Retail Area Manager - South West London and surrounding areas
Salary-£35-40,000 pa plus company car, bonus scheme & benefits.
Do you have previous Retail Area Management/ Multi Site experience or a desire to move in to field management?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a rapidly expanding Convenience Store retailer?
McColl’s are a leading community retailer serving the Convenience and Newsagent sectors with a strong national presence throughout the UK. Comprising over 1370 stores including over 1000 convenience stores and 550 Post Offices.
At present we are the second largest multiple convenience operator in the UK and are listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
Our future plans mean that we are currently expanding through the acquisition of a number new stores along with the development of our existing sites, in order to continue with our current growth plans we are looking to recruit a number of additional Area Managers.
As an Area Manager you will report directly to the Regional Manager and you will have full responsibility for approximately 20 stores.
This role is all about leading, managing and inspiring the Store teams to ensure that all colleagues are engaged, motivated, well trained and providing the best service for our customers.
To succeed as an Area Manager, you will need:
- A real passion for retail with a clear focus on delivering a positive customer shopping experience
- An eye for detail with the ability to identify and consistently deliver sales growth opportunities
- To be a strong leader with the ability to bring out the best in others by guiding and influencing
- Possess excellent communication and commercial skills
- To be a resilient and tenacious individual who is adaptable to change and will thrive in a fast paced environment
- Possess excellent time management skills
In your role as Area Manager, you will:
- Complete regular store visits and be accountable for delivering operational excellence
- Oversee store operations including stock control, security, wastage, promotional activity and health and safety to maintain compliance
- Be innovative and creative and will constantly look for ways to maximise sales and to control costs
- Recruit, coach, motivate and develop a team of Store Managers to enable them to deliver overall store performance and the development of their teams
- Be fully accountable for delivery of operational KPI’s
So if you are highly ambitious and possess the necessary skills that we require, please email a CV and covering letter stating current salary and location to the email address provided.
Please note only suitable applicants will be contacted