Teacher of English
We are seeking at Teacher of English from September 2017
A brilliant opportunity to play a role within a family of schools in Bedfordshire
The Shared Learning Trust is comprised of four academies, two secondary Academies with sixth form provisions and two primary academies. Overall, the academies enjoy good success rates and positive relationships with their students and the communities they serve.
Required from September 2017, The Chalk Hills Academy are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of English.
The main purpose of the post is to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students, improving upon what are some of the most successful GCSE outcomes achieved in Luton during recent years.
In joining the dynamic and innovative English department at Chalk Hills, where colleagues are collaborative, imaginative and thrive in a team environment, you will help further advance curriculum changes and share excellent practice.
The successful candidate will be an experienced/aspirational professional, who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners. If you are highly motivated, respond well to a challenge and have excellent communication skills, this could be the job for you!
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed.
We can offer you:
- a unique family of schools, 2 primary, 2 secondary, and Sixth Form provision
- fantastic young people who are "eager to learn and exemplary in their attitudes to their work" (Vale Academy Ofsted, 2014) and who are "hugely proud of their Academy" (West Academy Ofsted, 2014)
- a role where you can really make an impact growing and leading our Trust
- excellent career advancement opportunities
- a fully supportive CPD programme
- supportive colleagues, committed to promoting high achievement
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Closing date: Tuesday 18 April 2017
Interviews W/C 24 April 2017
For more information and to apply please see our website at or call Brett Coventry on