As Buyer you will be responsible for identifying, selecting and negotiating with suppliers to ensure maximal profitability whilst maintaining optimal quality. Working with the Supply Chain and Merchandising team, ensuring there is enough product to meet demand and ensure sales are optimised.
The client is a publishing business based in London.
As Buyer you will be responsible for
- Identifying, selecting, and managing supplier based to ensure optimal quality and margin
- Supporting Head of Buying on Buying projects including, process improvement and implementation
- Work with suppliers, ensuring suitability and manufacturing capacity to meet business demands
- Continually negotiate with suppliers to improve profitability without compromising quality or company standards
- Overseeing best practice and continually looking to improve the commercial function
The Successful Buyer will
- Be come from a retail buying or publishing background
- Have exceptional buying skills including supplier management, negotiation and selection
- Have great presentation skills and be able to present to board level credibly
- Have great senior stake holder management skills
- Be extremely commercial and always looking to impact commercial performance
- Have strong numerical skills
This is a highly competitive job offer, based from the client's London offices, looking to pay up to £45k + package for the right candidate.