Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer is required by an established, busy market leader in food packaging and processing machinery to work within the design team on their comprehensive range of equipment that they design & manufacture.Mechanical Design Engineer Duties to include:
- Responsible for the mechanical design, detailing of machinery, and development of all mechanical aspects of machinery, assemblies and components from concept sketches or design brief of new products.
- Preparation and issue documentation and drawings as required to agreed timescales.
- Produce 3D CAD models using 3D Solid Modelling Software (Inventor).
- Liaise with internal Departments, Clients in order to produce manufacturable, reliable and cost effective products.
- Modification of existing products.
- Production of mechanical manufacturing and assembly drawings to the agreed ISO and quality standards.
- Be able to work on their own or as part of a team and be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to deal directly with suppliers to obtain prices and delivery times.
- Significant experience of in the use of Solid Modelling design software, preferably Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks but similar would be considered.
- Be proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Designing of special purpose machinery.
- An understanding of Mechanical Design in relation to milled & turned parts, pneumatics, fabrication and mechanisms.
The following would be advantageous, but not essential:
- Experience of design work carried out on food/pharmaceutical/packaging machinery and systems.
Any working knowledge of the following, both at user design and calculation levels:
- steam systems and energy calculations
- fluid systems, pumps and pipe work
- stress calculations
- sizing of motor/gearboxes for applications
- sheet metal development
- tolerance of machined parts
Salary Range: £33,000 - £36,000 (Neg)
Overtime is sometimes available
Hours: 40 hour week - Mon - Fri 08.30 - 17.00
Holiday: Starting at 22 Days, increases to 25 with service years.
Location: St. Neots area - Own transport required due to location
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.