I am currently working with a global travel company that is in the market for a Financial Controller to join the business. This role will be key in the running of the UK Finance team. Key responsibility in leading the local finance teams ensuring timely and accurate processing of financial accounting and reporting, full compliance with Group and IFRS policies and legal requirements, statutory accounts and all tax matters.
- Ensure the period close and reporting is timely and accurate.
- Ensure that policies, procedures, regulations and systems defined by the global finance functions are fully implemented
- Act as the primary contact for finance/tax/legal topics to the local business and function heads
- Support local business with in-depth financial information and analysis
- Provide coaching of finance team in their scope of responsibility
- Overall ownership of local cashflow (including timely collection of AR) and currency management
- Raise potential financial, business, legal or other risks and opportunities proactively to regional finance functions and local business & function heads
- Drive continuous improvement and lead an effective finance organization within the assigned scope in close alignment with regional finance functions including talent management
- Ensure staff engagement by actively communicating with the finance teams and staff development
- Liaise with local authorities and advisors for legal and tax related matters
The successful candidate will have proven experience working in a Financial Controller/Senior Finance Manager role. You will have at least 5 years post qualification experience in a financial control/management reporting role. Experience working in a multicurrency organisation will be highly advantageous. Advanced Excel (including Macros and Pivots) and understanding of Hyperion is certainly advantageous for this role. You will be able to demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and understanding of accounting principles include UK GAAP, IFRS, TAX & VAT compliance.