About The Facility
Leaders in Oncology Care (LOC) are a specialist cancer outpatient clinic with an international reputation as a centre of excellence. Protecting and maintaining this level of clinical excellence is therefore central to everything LOC does. We have 20 treatment chairs in our suite at 95/97 Harley Street, along with 8 at 81 Harley Street and 10 at the Platinum Medical Centre. We strive to provide patients with the highest standard of cancer care possible.
Every single person who works at LOC understands they play an equally valuable role in helping the patient. LOC has a warm and friendly environment, where staff feel valued and recognised for their contribution to our reputation. We support our staff and promote career development through a range of training and learning programmes along with a generous benefits package.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will work under the supervision of the clinical team, to assist with nursing, medical and clerical duties in the provision of direct and indirect patient care and associated general duties ensuring an efficient service at all times.
Salary: £20,663 - £23,402 (dependent on candidate experience)
Hours and Shifts: 37.5 hours/ week (Various shifts until 7pm)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in the provision of care to patients so as to ensure their comfort/safety needs are identified, taking into consideration cultural, religious beliefs, respecting values and respecting those beliefs
- Reporting to nurses any problems arising out of conversations with patients, acting as the patient advocate at all times
- Report patient's condition when required and record observations of temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiratory rate, urinalysis, BM stix, pulse oxymetry, weight and height.
- Performs and completes ECG procedures as requested with supervision and within competency
- Preparing dressing/procedures under the direction of the clinical team and for which instruction has been given
- Assisting nursing and medical staff when required with different procedures with supervision and competency.
- Managing the phlebotomy service if achieved competency in the blood test room/treatment suite, identifying problems and reporting and documenting risk
- Performs cannulation on achieving competency as per standard and protocol and records procedure on Mosaiq
- To set up and check consulting rooms/treatment pod areas before and after each use to agreed standard
- Requesting housekeeping services and ensuring treatment area/blood test room/consulting room is fully equipped and all devices are checked and working
- Assisting with administrative duties in the absence of the patient support, such as receptionist duties, scheduling appointments and updating the pod status/liaising with reception staff and secretaries
Skills & Experience
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care
- Phlebotomy skills are essential
- Previous experience of working as a Healthcare Assistant within a Hospital environment
- Experience of working with members of the public is essential
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate a willingness to support others. The will work well in a team, showing openness and mutual respect with a professional approach to work.