Xray Technical Product Support Specialist
Solid Recruitment are very proud to be working with a leading manufacturer in Farnborough recruit and experienced Technical/Product Specialist Support - Xray. The position is full time and permanent and based in their UK head office.
• Competitive Salary
• Performance Based Bonus
• Company Car
• Excellent Pension
• Critical illness cover
• Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers
Established in the UK in the 1960’s, the company is today one of the leading global companies involved in safety systems, boasting an impressive installed base of over 120,000 machines in over 100 countries. The company’s talented team of people work across the world in a friendly, supportive work environment and with a no politics culture, there is nothing to stop you reaching your full potential.
Overview of the position
Due to an internal move the company now have a vacancy for an X-ray Technical Expert. This role will support both internal and external customers to solve technical support issues and work proactively to increase product expertise for all personnel selling and supporting our products
• To take ownership of internal and external customer issues for X-Ray products.
• Take control of X-ray issues at the Quality Improvement and Corrective Action Team meetings.
• Take a proactive approach to root cause analysis of issues working with other departments to eliminate reoccurrence
• Implement product obsolescence programs for X-Ray products / components
• Take responsibility for the production for technical documentation and design guides to support the Service and Sales teams.
• Provide training primarily on the X-Ray product to both internal and external groups ? Travel to key customer sites as the final level of escalation for customer issues.
• In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisor that are essentially related to their duties
• Good Technical Electrical / Electronics skills
• A recognised qualification in Electrical Engineering
• 2 years in a similar role (breakdown repair, servicing and project management)
• Ability to formulate accurate documentation to reduce reliance on the Product Support Team ? Ability to analyse date and identify areas requiring focus
• Ability to influence team members not under direct responsibility to deliver results as required by the business
• Good Organisation skills orientated around reliably delivering what is promised & required
• Methodical approach to problem solving
• Good communication & PC skills
• Willing and able to travel to sites globally
• Full driving licence
• Track-record for contributing and being successful in a similar role.
• Knowledge of the food manufacturing industry
• Experience of working with X-Ray technology
• Qualification in Electromechanical / Electronic engineering