AMT opened in 1992 with a mission to make the best cup of coffee in the UK, quickly and with a smile. Two decades on and still independently owned, we have over 50 coffee bars across the UK and Ireland, 400 customer driven employees and a head office in Knightsbridge.
We serve 20,000 customers every day, following the same mission statement as when AMT was created and continue to give customers a personalised service and a delicious product range, without compromising on quality or value.
About the Role
The Training Manager will devise, research, and produce training courses in response to the needs of the business.
In this role, your main focus will be to work with the HR and Operations team to induct and train the bulk of our workforce, our Baristas. It will be your priority to ensure our customers are receiving the highest standard of quality products each and every time they visit our coffee bars, as well as the unique customer experience aligned to AMT’s vision.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Devise, research, and produce training courses in response to the needs of the business.
- Have the knowledge and confidence to lead, design, communicate, and deliver training programmes to Managers and team members alike.
- Write and produce training manuals, and review and revise all training materials on a regular basis, ensuring they meet both legislative and Company requirements.
- Work with the HR and Operations team to ensure that training is aligned with Company culture, Company systems, and policies and procedures. The development of the induction training will form a key aspect to the role.
- Provide detailed costings analysis of all proposed training and development programs.
- Work with Finance and HR to set training KPIs, analytically appraising the impact of all training delivered, and measuring against actual success rate and work with the HR Manager to improve retention rates across the business.
- Act as a brand ambassador to all trainees by incorporating and practicing the Company’s top quality image plus brand ethos. Working to ensure bar employee uniform and appearance standards are meeting the Company standard.
- Monitor & track training for all Barista’s. Following every bar visit log all feedback such Barista performance as well as general observations of the bar operationally which should in turn be analysed and reported in a professional timely manner to the appropriate individuals.
- Responsibility for the promotional activity (current bar promotions, new bar openings, new food launches, raising awareness of the AMT brand) at all AMT bar sites across the UK and Ireland. This will include training all new recruits as well as current employees on engaging the customer, importance of communication and understanding all there is to know about the AMT quality products (coffee, drinks, food products etc) to educate the customer. In addition, working with the Operations, Procurement and Design team in planning a promotional bar activity annual schedule.
- Conduct regular training assessments across the bar employee workforce to ensure AMT customer service standards and KPI’s are being consistently achieved are aligned with the Company’s high quality expectations.
- Work closely with Procurement to deliver NPD projects.
- Recruitment and retention - to work closely with both the HR department and Operations team and assist in the recruitment of a strong, customer driver and enthusiastic bar employee workforce aligned to AMT’s ethos.
- Manage the Mystery Shopper project to help deliver a great customer experience to every guest.
- Monitor CSAT results & devise training to drive customer excellence as required.
- Create induction plans for new Bar Managers, and liaise with all staff who need to be involved in the induction.
- Update Allergen Information as and when new products are introduced and ensuring it’s available for all Bars via the appropriate media form.
- Co-ordinate external training courses for Food Safety at Hospital sites.
- Ensure certificates are released as required.
Do you want to be part of the AMT’eam? We believe our people are the best asset we have and are the heart of the company.
To excel as our Training Manager, you will have a minimum of 2 years proven experience in a similar role, working within a fast paced coffee/FMCG environment.
You will need a proactive and enthusiastic approach, as you will be need the ability to work on your own initiative and to tight timescales when necessary.
Also essential is having the flexibility to travel across the UK and Ireland, as this role is predominantly field based.
- CIPD qualified, or working towards CIDP or equivalent qualification
- Food Training Qualification
- Full driving licence and own vehicle
- Based in the South East
In return for your hard work and dedication to AMT Coffee we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, so if this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? We want to hear from you.
Please Note: Due to the significant level of application we receive, we are sorry that we are unable to personally response to all applications. Successful applications will be contacted within 14 days.