Our client is looking for a time served Quantity Surveyor to join their well-established construction company in Liverpool. The Quantity Surveyor will join the team responsible for the procurement of materials detailed analysis of packages of projects worth between £5 and £15 million. The successful Quantity Surveyor will have 5 years’ experience either with a main developer/contractor or a specialist contractor with a working knowledge of commercial rails projects and residential projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Commercial management of subcontractors
- Review commercial risk, value management and cost control paperwork
- To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts materials and plant orders.
- Knowledge of construction & contract law and various forms of conditions of contract
- Manage time & workloads for yourself & any "reports" in a structured manner
- Provide commercial advice to the site team in connection with all project issues
- Deal with change management including adherence to the Programme "established approach"
- Take part in meetings & discussions regarding project performance & to provide commercial input into project strategy
- Produce monthly cost, valuation and cash flow reports.
- Attend and provide input at start up and close out meetings.
- Monitor cost of site resources.
- Maintain effective communications with project management.
- Provide advice on any contractual claims
- Understanding the implications of Health & Safety Regulations
- The ideal candidate will have more 5 years or more experience within a similar role
- RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity with a competitive salary.
To be considered for the role, please call Georgie Titley on 01543-629-090 or email your details to Georgie.Titley@bcsrecruitment .co .uk
Bespoke Civils Solutions Ltd is a sector specific recruitment business and recruits blue and white collar personnel to environments such as Highways & Traffic Management, Land Remediation & Preparation, Earthworks, Drainage, Utilities & Infrastructure, Power & Sub Stations, Oil & Gas, Land Fill & Quarries.