Engineer Surveyor: Pressure Mechanical - Field Based, Coventry
Engineer Surveyor: Pressure Mechanical - Field Based, Midlands/Coventry
£32,000 - £37,000 + company car + pension scheme + other excellent benefits
As an Engineer Surveyor you will assess a wide range of installations, anticipate problems and help our clients to ensure that they comply with relevant legislation. You will work closely with your Engineer Surveyor Team managed by one of our Area Managers.
You will carry out hands-on inspections of various items of plant and equipment such as pressure vessels and boilers, all in accordance with our Company Technical Standards and Health & Safety provisions. You will prepare reports of examination following your inspections using electronic reporting to ensure fast and efficient delivery to our clients.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Being up to date on your knowledge and understanding of all relevant compliance and regulatory rules and procedures that relate to the pressure mechanical discipline.
* Making well informed decisions, and willing to take responsibility.
* Being effective at short, medium and long-term planning, in order to diarise meetings, visits and work allocation.
* Being able to travel effectively within your local allocated work area.
* Processing documentation, as well as undertaking general administration in a timely manner.
* Willingness to support and deputise for fellow Engineer Surveyors (of own discipline) as and when required.
What we are looking for:
You will have a combination of experience, technical ability, an acute awareness of workplace hazards and safety requirements, strong customer communication skills, and the confidence to make professional judgments.
Key skills will include:
* A background in working with related equipment relating to the Pressure Mechanical discipline with hands on experience of working in a role such as manufacturing / repair / maintenance.
* Strong customer interaction skills are essential, including good oral and written communication skills.
* Good computer literacy.
* Incorporated Engineer (Preferred) and have a recognised apprenticeship or have received equivalent training.
* A holder of a full valid UK driving licence.
* Being able and willing to occasionally work out of allocated work area and away from home.
Successful candidates are required to hold (or currently be working towards) certain minimum qualifications, such as HND / HNC / ONC / Full Technological Certificate /Board of Trade Chief Engineer 1st Class Certificate of Competence or comparable, in pressure mechanical engineering.
Please note: The Engineer Surveyor role does require regular lifting, climbing and working in confined spaces.
What we offer in return:
* Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
* Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
* Company car
* Engineer Surveyor allowance
* A generous pension plan
* Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
* Share purchase plan
* Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
* Excellent training and development opportunities including our own Engineer Development Programme.
* 25% off Insurance products