Master Data Manager
Our prestigious client based locally to Wembley are looking for Master data Manager, this position is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely updates to all master or central records, in particular supplier and subcontractor records.
Experienced in the field of data administration and governance, the Master Data Manager will work with users across the business to consolidate the administration for all master data. This position will support operations by maintaining, monitoring and analysing supplier data across the group. We anticipate that this role will expand over time to include other central data records such as customer records.
- Ensure key controls and reviews are maintained and followed in the handling of all central data records. These will initially cover supplier verification and maintenance but expand to cover other areas of master data, eg contract and customer records.
- Identify areas for improving the quality of master data, with key controls on new records and regular reviews of existing records.
- Develop and document new procedures and forms to facilitate master data management, and assist in communicating these throughout the group
- Review and analyse credit scores for new and existing suppliers
- Manage the alignment of data maintenance across all operations
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders within the business
- Develop and distribute key reports on data verification on a regular basis
- Initially manage one direct report, directly reviewing their work and providing guidance and support. As more work is centralised, the team will expand and the manager will be instrumental in the recruitment and development processes.
- Provide consistent performance management by providing regular feedback, conducting formal reviews, and identifying and addressing business-focussed training and development needs.
- Other responsibilities could include data administration for the online expenses system.
Essential & Desirable Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Experience in data administration management, data governance - possibly obtained in a SOX or internal controls environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently.
- Ability to work independently, set goals and report on outcomes
- Willingness to challenge the status quo, identify potential control improvements and changes
- Prior experience supervising others, with responsibility for setting and reviewing work, mentoring and developing team members
- Good excel skills to support extracting master data records for review and identifying corrections required
- Thrives in a fast paced and changing environment
- Plays an effective role as a member of the team.
- Demonstrates the Company values at all times.
- Promotes team activity and supports team development.
- Contributes fully to team objectives to ensure these are met.
- Makes it easy for others to work with them.Creates a relaxed, open culture at work.
- Communicates with clarity and impact at all levels.
- Adapts style to suit audience.
- Carefully selects most appropriate methods of communication.
- Checks for understanding and clarity of message
Customer Focus (Internal & External)
- Engages the customer at appropriate levels.
- Gets things right first time
Drive for Achievement
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement, supporting others by personal commitment and enthusiasm.
- Is a self-starter.
- Encourages others by personal commitment and enthusiasm.
- Consistently goes the extra mile.
- Embraces stretching targets and strives to achieve at all times.
- Resilient when faced with setbacks.
- Supports key Companywide initiatives to help ensure they are successfully delivered.
- Seeks and applies new ideas
- Supportive of others' ideas for improvement.
- Embraces changes and new ideas.
- Responds positively and enthusiastically to changing business circumstances and readily adapts behaviour to maintain high performance.
Managing People Performance
- Takes responsibility for personal improvement, learning from experiences.
- Seeks to be challenged and stretched.
- Takes a positive approach to performance and development reviews.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.