Interim Head Of IT
Interim Head of IT - £65,000
I have been engaged by a leading Public Sector body in the North West in their search for an interim head of IT, which will cover a period of transition within the business for a 12 month period, with a view for a permanent position at the end of the engagement for the right candidate.
As an organisation, they are heavily invested in technology and in driving business operations with insight derived from IT. They require a motivated, engaged head of IT with experience of high level strategy and leadership. Within this role, you will resource, lead, motivate and develop the ICT Team to provide excellent services to customers. You will embrace best practice, be an innovative thinker, committed to continuous improvement and keep abreast of technological developments in order to maximise the organisation's return on its investment in systems.
Ideally, you will come from a background of council, housing or public sector, and will have experience of managing and leading a large (15+) IT team, alongside working at board level to ensure that business objectives are met through effective ICT strategy.
Key Roles and Responsibilities -
- Lead the implementation of the ICT Strategy.
- Lead, recruit and manage a team of staff, providing leadership and direction, setting the parameters within which excellent service delivery will be achieved.
- Proactively work with the Executive and Senior Management Teams across the business to support diversification through development and implementation of new technology solutions, in accordance with the ICT Strategy, ensuring appropriate coherence and integration across different business systems.
- Develop and lead the ICT governance arrangements of the organisation to ensure resources are prioritised in an open and transparent way, in accordance with the ICT Strategy, business priorities and objectives and to maximise Value for Money.
- Write and present reports to the Board and Committees as required, and make recommendations as appropriate within own sphere of responsibility.
- Proven track record of delivering complex ICT projects on time, to budget, and achieving high-quality outcomes
- Ability to produce detailed project proposals, including financial and non-financial resource plans
- Good understanding of key developments in the ICT industry
- Extensive experience of implementing ICT Strategies
- Strong working knowledge of CRM Systems
- Strong working knowledge of ERP systems
- Proven track record of leading staff within an ICT environment at a senior level
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven, strategic thinking head of IT to make a move to a progressive, forward thinking organisation, or for an experienced head of IT to take a step up.
If this is an opportunity that would be of interest to yourself, please send a CV and I will contact you with a full job brief, and more details of the role.