BUSINESS CONTROLS MANAGER
Business Controls Manager
£40000 - £60000 + bonus + benefits
City of London
They are one of Britain's largest and most respected legal firms with multi-site locations nationally.
They have a new role due to the growth of their business which has both internal and external affect
- Identify, develop, and control financial and non-financial processes and recommend improvements with an emphasis on gaining consistency, high quality, and best-practice financial governance.
- To provide quality services to the business's Clients, and ensure standards and value to the client is consistently met whilst minimising financial risk/exposure to the client and the firm.
- Focus on continual performance improvement throughout the business to ensure it can operate profitably in an increasingly competitive marketplace whilst maintaining financial integrity.
Your responsibilities include
- Defining and improving the current financial, operational, and accounting processes to drive better working practices, ensure robust controls, and minimise risk. This includes delivery of documented in-scope processes including flowcharts, process narratives, process risk & controls matrices, test plans, periodic balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
- Undertake regular reviews of operating processes and systems to ensure high level of service and technical proficiency is maintained within the department.
- Ensure adherence to agreed financial requirements across the business, and compliance with GAAP.
- Coach and mentor staff on financial control issues and process implementation, including direct management where required.
- Involvement in the annual budgeting and complete financial reporting to management, clients, OPG, Corporate Finance and Treasury
- Analysis of client expenditure and accounts production
- Contribute to decisions regarding client financial strategy and oversee all client related financial issues
- Ensure all work carried out within the department meets or exceeds SLAs/client commitments, and ensure quality legal advice is provided and compliance with the firm's policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties which may from time to time be required by any Partner, Senior Member of the firm or Department Supervisor
- Maintaining working relationships with the Finance, Treasury, Risk and Compliance functional areas to alignment and synergies
- Liaise with lead Partners and General Manager and relevant personnel to ensure services required are supported and delivered consistently and that any issues are brought to their attention.
- Occasional travel may be required
Who they are looking for
To be considered for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- Graduate fully qualified ACA/ACCA with top 20 accountancy firm training and 1- 6 years PQE
- Business Control and Process Mapping experience and strong business controls knowledge
- Knowledge of designing controls and a compliance testing programme.
- Experience of Sarbanes Oxley (SOx)requirements and implementation and delivery of a controls programme.
- Strong analytical techniques in order to be able to fully understand current business processes and future needs and translate these into documented process flowcharts/maps
- Ability to make pragmatic recommendations on improving the control environment and explaining the risks / impact to business management.
- Ability to communicate to a wide range of non-finance and finance employees the requirements for embedded controls and the need to "design in" such controls at every stage in the process.