This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, commercially astute Town and Country Planner to join our team.
We are seeking a Town Planner who is confident with client liaison, project management and has a good working knowledge and breadth of experience of local, regional and national planning legislation. It is expected that you will hold a relevant RTPI accredited degree and/or Masters and hold a minimum of three years' experience within a consultancy or local authority.
Zyda Law is a multi-award winning, highly ranked LEGAL500 law firm. Our client base includes blue chip multinationals, developers, businesses and individuals. Zyda Law is recruiting to support expansion of the Planning Helpline.
Our Planning services cover a wide range of sectors and include; Applications and Appeals; Appraisals; Strategy and Team Assembly; Regeneration and Urban Design; Legal Agreements and Infrastructure Payments; Stakeholder Engagement; Sustainability and Environment; Planning Policy.
Specific duties will include:
- Providing planning consultancy advice to colleagues and clients
- Reporting to clients and colleagues and keeping in regular contact
- Attend and report to client at regular project meetings
- Be capable of dealing with instructions and clients alone after an introductory period
- Become a single point of contact for clients
- Monitoring policy developments on behalf of the team
- Provide assistance to team members wherever possible
- Develop and maintain active communication both within your team and other
You will be working within a small dynamic team and will be expected to build strong relationships within the firm, as well as liaising with clients and external consultants.
You will be supported in developing and managing client instructions and have responsibility for day to day conduct of matters, under appropriate supervision.
Working in the Nantwich, Cheshire office Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm.
The salary offer is competitive and negotiable dependent on experience. Benefits include 3% employer pension contributions and 28 days paid holiday (incl. bank holidays) per annum.
Please forward your CV with a covering letter by clicking on the apply button.