Practice Accountant - Grantham - Salary to £25 k DOE
Higher salary requirements may be considered dependant on experience
Full-time Part-time considered - flexibility on hours
Free parking - town centre location
Further training provided - subject to current status
Great team environment
A well-established and friendly independent firm based in Grantham, currently have a vacancy in their team for a full-time practice Accountant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm that is committed to providing exceptional accountancy and advisory services to their clients.
The role is to cover maternity leave with the potential of becoming permanent. Flexible hours will be considered for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have experience of preparing accounts on behalf of a range of clients, along with preparing and submitting Self-Assessment and Corporation Tax returns. In addition, you will be expected to work towards developing and managing your own portfolio of clients.
As an experienced / qualified practice accountant, you will have the desire to develop your accounting experience and knowledge, while fulfilling the role of a professional advisor to clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing firm that can offer excellent progression opportunities.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing statutory accounts for limited companies and corporate tax computations
- Being able to assist junior staff with training and development
- Managing a portfolio of Clients
- Preparation of accounts for sole-traders, partnerships, charities
- Preparation & Submission of Individual Tax Returns, Company Tax Returns & Vat Returns
- Management Accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as required
- Dealing with HMRC for any Income Tax/Corp Tax/VAT / PAYE & NI enquiries/issues and investigations
- Providing Tax Advice to clients ad-hoc
- Being involved in ad-hoc projects as required
- Being involved in the preparation of payroll, auto-enrolment (this is not essential but desirable)
Essential Requirements are:
- Either AAT Qualified or ACA / ACCA Part-Qualified, or
- Qualified by experience, candidates will be considered depending on experience
- At least 2-3 years’ previous experience in a practice environment is essential
- Excellent customer service & friendly approach
- Experience with Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/SAGE/QuickBooks
- Experience with cloud accounting
- Full driving licence
Senior Practice Accountant
Please Note: The Job Office Ltd is acting as an advertising agent for this client and all cv’s / applications will be forwarded directly to them for shortlisting and selection - The client themselves will be in touch directly should they wish to continue with your application