Senior Technical Buyer
Senior Technical Buyer - Bedford - £35,000 - £45,000
I have a great progression opportunity for a technical buyer to join a growing manufacturing company in Bedford. The role has scope to progress into a management opportunity in the next year, so this would be great for a senior buyer to get a step up in their career!
This role needs someone with experience with metal castings and metal fabrications who has worked in purchasing, procurement or supply chain at a buyer or senior buyer level.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Technical Buyer are:
- Working closely with engineering staff to procure components and related parts based on MRP Buying List to meet production due dates.
- Negotiations on price and supply contracts
- Optimisation of purchasing in terms of cost saving opportunities
- Support pre-sales activity with estimated cost and delivery timescales
- Develop professional relationships with suppliers to continuously improve costs and supply continuity.
- Manage supplier deviations in respect to delivery and quality
- Identify new sourcing relationships to deliver enhanced business performance, stability and in support of business growth plans.
- Work with the Operations Director to identify and manage Supply Chain risks
Person Specification of the Senior Technical Buyer:
- Experience in the procurement of low volume Castings in Ductile Iron, Aluminum Bronze, Stainless Steels and associated machining.
- Knowledge of patterns again highly desirable.
- Technical/manufacturing background with an understanding of BoMs, Material Specifications and experience of reading and interpreting technical drawings.
- Well versed in traditional and modern Manufacturing processes
- Strong negotiating skills
- Commercial astute with familiarity of contract law
- Must have experience in MRP/ERP Systems and demand-based procurement.
35 - 45k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement or supply chain as a senior buyer, technical buyer, category manager, commodity manager or buyer, project buyer or NPI buyer