Regional Operations Manager - Cleaning
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Regional Operations Manager. Reporting directly to the Operations Director you will play a key role in the contract retention strategy through the effective leadership of operational service delivery of cleaning solutions to all customers within your remit.
As the Regional Operations Manager, your duties will include:
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of Contract Managers / Area Support Managers to achieve and exceed the budgetary plan and deliver profits by managing & extending existing contracts and winning new business through the implementation of agreed plans and processes.
- Management of 3-4 direct reports and overseeing performance of the on-site teams through regular audits, KPIs and client/site visits across a number of key sites.
- Be responsible and accountable for the commercial management of contract P & Ls including control, monitoring and management of overhead cost, expenditure, invoicing and debt control
- Work closely with clients, your direct reports and the Business Development team to review all tenders ensuring all future account development opportunities are commercially, technically and operationally viable
- Lead regular operational meetings / team briefings with staff to deliver clear understanding of business objectives, contract performance and display excellence in communication
- Work in close partnership with Head of HR to ensure compliance with employment legislation and best practice HR procedures are met at all times
- Set / agree individual performance targets for all direct reports and ensure these are met through regular monitoring of personal development plans during 121s.
- Make provision for succession planning and identify and nurture talent to ensure cover for Contract Manager/Account Managers holidays, sickness absence, training courses etc.
- Maximise productivity and deliver profit in line with the agreed budgetary plan and business plan.
- Monitor income and expenditure against budget, analyse fixed and variable costs and take effective action when required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Significant experienced in delivering cleaning solutions as a service provider
- Strong people management skills and experience of leading and managing multiple teams of people
- Experience of working in a customer-driven service environment
- Financial and Commercial awareness
- Customer focused approach with a desire to provide excellent customer service
- Competent with the use of all Microsoft packages, with the ability to produce own documentation, financial spreadsheets and reports
- Experience operating cleaning services across multi sites, including assessing productivity, reviewing consumables and equipment, job plan development and relevant legislation
- Excellent leadership and motivational people management skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and forward plan to avoid incidents or issues
- Hold a full UK drivers licence
This represents a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Cleaning and Support Services Company with great scope for career progression.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 - £37,500 plus car plus benefits.