Procurement Officer - Pencoed, Bridgend
- Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
- Salary: £22,000 - £27,000
- Working hours: Full time
- Status: Permanent
As an organisation our client works on behalf of customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. The highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all customers.
What our client wants from their Procurement Officer:
Reporting to the Operations Procurement Manager, the role is responsible for supporting delivery of the companies procurement service and acting as the procurement support for a number of procurement projects and activities. This is a key position that will work with both the public and private sectors and will require someone who has experience of public procurement regulations, plus the ability to ensure compliance when delivering value.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of the category management strategies across their professional services area of spend.
- Supporting the procurement telephone help desk and provide insight and advice in analysing, planning, supporting, and reviewing procurement across the company.
- Providing assistance and support the Purchasing Health Check process for analysing spend and contract management.
- Proactively building, developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Supporting Category Specialists to develop and lead the procurement strategy for various assigned spend categories.
- Undertaking market intelligence and analysis activities in regard to supplier selection.
- Supporting bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation to selection and provide cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis.
- Undertaking and support sourcing and tendering activities.
- Supporting the creation and delivery of appropriate contracts.
- Working within the procurement team to build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships.
- Following best practice in all areas of procurement management and compliance.
- Ensuring compliance and mitigate risk and liability to the company and to their clients wherever possible.
- Being involved in developing procurement processes and procedures.
- Supporting the selection and on-boarding process for new suppliers, plus conducting all relevant checks.
- Managing non-critical category accounts and spends.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of procurement training sessions.
- Supporting the Procurement Team in various project delivery work.
- Some travel will be required.
Other skills they are looking for:
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level.
At our client, this means that a Procurement Officer needs the following to work effectively:
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement, purchasing via frameworks, tendering and OJEU compliant procurement processes is an advantage.
- Good commercial and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within a cross functional team.
- CIPS qualified or working towards qualification.
What our client can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary they are offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get;
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Opportunities for further professional development
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- On site gym and subsidised canteen
- Other benefits
Want to know more?
Please apply online with your current CV and contact details today.