Principal Bridges/Structures Engineer
A Principal Bridges and Structures Engineer is needed to join the bridges and tunnels team of one of the largest global design consultancy's who have over 60,000 staff. You will be based in East Grinstead office; You must have experience in the design and construction of heavy civil engineering structures. The successful candidate will lead project design teams in the bridges and tunnels structures discipline.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and overseeing the work of project design team members including senior engineers, engineers and graduates.
- Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of structural design solutions for major civil engineering works at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
- Lead and develop teams of Graduates, Engineers and Technicians in preparing design solutions for bridge and tunnel projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages
- Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services.
- First point of contact for customers, contractors and other external organisations
You must have/be:
- Degree in civil engineering.
- Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Significant amounts of experience of the design of bridges or tunnels in the road and/or rail sector.
- Detailed experience in two or more of the following: reinforced concrete or prestressed concrete bridges, steel bridges, cut and cover tunnels or immersed tunnels, underground station structures or large earth retaining structures.
- Experience of the application of structural analysis software such as Lusas.
- Excellent knowledge the DMRB requirements and/or Network Rail standards.
- Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
- Experience of Highways England, local authority or Network rail design and technical approval processes.
Full UK driving licence
In this role you will be motivated to perform at your peak, your achievements recognised and rewarded appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give youcompetitive annual leave,company pension scheme, and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.