Graduate Structural Engineer (2+ Years Experience) - Brighton
Role: Graduate Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £30,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join a multi-disciplinary consultancy, in their office based in Brighton.
The company's services range from scheme appraisals and feasibility studies through to full design, assistance with works on site, or entire contract management and administration.
The successful Graduate Structural Engineer will be expected to (but won't be limited to) undertake the following tasks:
- Design of structures, including large framed commercial, education and residential projects;
- Foundation design and assessment;
- Refurbishment of existing and listed buildings;
- Basement design;
- Site appraisals and foundation strategies;
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Revit;
- Geotechnical and geo-environmental appraisals;
- Temporary works design;
- Assist and carry out structural design in steel, concrete, timber and masonry;
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities;
- Co-ordinate projects and packages of work with minimal assistance;
- Attend site and design team meetings.
The successful Graduate Structural Engineer will also be required to have the following qualifications & experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant post-graduate experience;
- An accredited MEng degree (or equivalent) recognised by the IStructE;
- Design experience in all common building materials;
- BIM experience would be an advantage;
- Experience in computer analysis and design software. Tekla, Masterseries and Tedds experience would be advantageous;
- A valid full UK Driving License (with their own car).
The Graduate Structural Engineer will have the ability to:
- Deal with clients with minimal supervision;
- Represent the company professionally;
- Speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone;
- Work within a team;
- Write clear and concise emails, letters and reports;
- Be self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- Have good commercial awareness.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to