Control Systems Support
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules will apply to this assignment and where a worker elects to provide their services through an intermediary (such as a personal services company) then income tax and primary national insurance contributions will be deducted at source from any payments made to the intermediary.
Specific responsibilities will include:
To provide a Control Systems support service to operating unit Programmable Electronic Systems (PES) by delivering targets set by the Control Systems Team Leader to meet the requirements of the site's health, safety and environmental framework in accordance with Sellafield Ltd policy, statutory and site licence requirements. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs simple and complex system modifications without supervision.
- Performs complex breakdown recoveries to safety, quality or environmentally significant systems, or to technically challenging systems, without supervision.
- Demonstrate an understanding of interfacing systems of different PES types, e.g. PLC to SCADA.
- Deliver Control Systems PES Manager duties and responsibilities for safety systems, technically challenging systems or a large number of non-challenging non-safety systems.
- Performs the Functional Safety Assessor and/or Design Review Panel Leader role.
- Mentors and tutors Control Systems apprentices and other less experienced engineers.
- Several Cyber projects to be delivered, including Tranche 3 Technical Refresh in line with Security & Resilience SMR Programme.
- Delivery of system modifications to schedule and quality.
- Delivery of breakdown recovery in a timely manner.
- Delivery of PES management duties in accordance with SLP/SLSPs.
Essential & Desirable Skills;
- Experience of working in an industrial environment, e.g. chemical and/or nuclear plant experience.
- Experience of one or more of the following technologies is required:
- Modicon/Rockwell/Schneider Quantum PLCs, Rockwell Factorytalk/Panelview andWonderware InTouch SCADA, ABB Mod300/Advant/800xA and Fisher Provox / DVOP, Windows NT/XP/7/Windows Server operating systems, 3Com/Cisco/Hirschmann/HP/Solarwinds networks, cybersecurity.
- Must be capable of attaining BC/SC security clearance.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.