Are you an experienced Buyer? Have you worked in an Engineering or Manufacturing Environment?
Baltic Recruitment Commercial Team are currently looking to recruit a Buyer for a highly reputable client based in Hartlepool. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for ensuring materials are procured to the required specification having regard for quality, delivery, price and other contractual conditions. You will provide cost effective and strategic purchasing focused not only on price but on total cost of acquisition and added value.
Buyer Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure overall supply requirements are met
- Assessment and appraisal of new and existing suppliers as well as ongoing supplier relationship management
- Negotiate purchase pricing and terms and conditions
- Generate and issue purchase orders utilising our purchasing software
- Sign and approve purchase orders within Delegation of Authority Limits
- Co-ordinate all invoice and accounts queries relating to purchase orders
- Previous purchasing/commercial experience ideally within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Computer Literate
- Confident communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- At least 2 years' experience in a buying role
- A 'self-starter'
Hours of work Monday to Thursday 8am until 5pm, Friday 8am until 3.30pm.
An immediate start is available.
Applicants may also be interested in Buying, Buyer, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Procurement.