IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Would you like to work for an Employer of Choice? Would you like to work for an Investors in People Gold accredited organisation? If so, read on, as an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Infrastructure Project Manager to join our IT Department.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Infrastructure projects in line with the agreed annual IT Operating plan and where infrastructure is a key delivery component of business projects.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a busy, fast paced environment where priorities are constantly changing with significant experience of managing IT infrastructure projects. You will have excellent stakeholder management skills, strong leadership skills, have the ability to influence and negotiate, and have strong presentation skills.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Work closely with IT Operations to identify appropriate resources required to meet project outcomes within agreed timelines
- Ensure all new products and services are properly reviewed and have the appropriate SLAs and contract management and appropriate SLAs in place
- Ensure solutions are designed and delivered to CCM architecture standards and best practice
- Management of 3rd party Project Managers / resources to deliver assigned deliverables on time and within agreed budgets to achieve project outcomes
- Ensure CCM Change Management & ITIL procedures are followed and changes brought about to ensure that they are effectively and efficiently delivered
- Ensure projects are effectively transitioned to service operations
- Work with project sponsors/IT management to clearly scope and plan key deliverables required to deliver project outcomes, balancing business priorities with stakeholder expectations
- Coordinate activities and dependencies within and across the projects assigned through detailed project planning, identifying external dependencies on other activities within the wider programme, resource or environments.
- Ensure robust and effective governance to CCM standards, control and reporting is maintained for the project.
- Manage multiple, robust stakeholder relationships, liaising between technical, business and senior management stakeholders and decision-makers
- Close management of risks & issues that affect the delivery of assigned projects
- Accurate Project Planning with consideration for integrated planning of multiple technical projects conducted at similar periods
- To own projects through their full life cycle ensuring Time, Quality and Costs requirements are met, whilst adhering to the delivery methodology.
Knowledge & Experience
- Accreditation in, or demonstrable understanding of, a recognised project management methodology such as PRINCE2 and AGILE, whether it is APM, PMI, MSP etc
- Working knowledge of the UK financial services/regulatory sector.
- Significant technical project management delivery experience within IT Operations
- Significant experience in support handovers and service transition
- Significant experience in ITIL disciplines (Operational Management, Security Management, Budget Control, Service Management, SLA negotiation, Change Management, Problem and Incident Management, Call Centre Management, Asset Management and Configuration Management)
- Significant experience on all major platforms; Networks, Distributed, Server, SQL, Voice & Data Telecoms
- Significant experience in technologies including; VMWare, Citrix, Storage, Operating Systems
- A proven strong track record in successfully managing and delivering multiple projects
- Proven expertise in managing multi-function, multi-supplier teams to deliver successful medium to large scale projects
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and loads of fantastic benefits, such as gym subsidy, private health insurance, travel insurance, pension, 25 days holiday, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.