IT Infrastructure Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join our expanding IT department.
The primary purpose of the IT Infrastructure Manager role is to ensure delivery of an effective, reliable, highly available and secure infrastructure to support all of CCM’s core business services on a 24/7/365 basis via a combination of in-house, Vendor and Supplier engagement to agreed targets.
A strong leader, managing a highly technical team of multi-disciplined professionals, your goal will be to improve the technology landscape, driving higher levels of reliability and performance while supporting the information security manager.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the delivery of services and products for a 24/7/365 operation
- Responsible for ensuring the disaster recovery plan is maintained and operations are in place to ensure the resilience of the businesses systems and recovery
- Responsible for the identification and mitigation of IT Risks across the technology landscape
- Responsible for ensuring that Service Improvement Plans are actioned to maintain delivery of products/services in line with contractual commitments
- Responsible for the management of operational costs in line with agreed Opex budget
- Responsible for ensuring effective capacity management across the IT infrastructure
- Responsible for the management and development of staff within Service Operations, ensuring that appropriate uplift of skills are achieved
- Responsible for ensuring datacentre standards are set and maintained
- Responsible for implementing operational policies, constructing SLA/KPIs and working with vendor management to ensure robust compliance and performance of outsourced service providers.
- Embedding service continuity disciplines through periodic testing of HA failover and redundant/resilient technologies.
- Driving quality and performance of monthly patching and maintenance activities with CCMs service partner, ensuring CCMs critical business infrastructure meets the standards required by the group information security policy
- Line management responsibility for Change Manager and Change Management service ensuring high standards of rigour and control for all Requests for Change, overseeing CAB and ensuring appropriate sign-off of all change into the CCM infrastructure and application environment.
- Responsible for ensuring all relevant IT controls are adhered to and that evidence is provided in the support of internal and external SOX audits
- Participate in IT strategic planning, project planning and budget planning efforts.
- Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
Knowledge & experience
- Significant experience delivering large scale mission critical IT systems
- Several years’ experience managing a team of IT professionals in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience delivering services in cloud based environments is highly desirable
- Broad technical experience covering Windows infrastructure, Firewalls, Switches, physical/virtual Servers, VoIP telephony and hosted bespoke applications
- Significant experience in a Service Operations Management capacity, including all aspects of ITIL frameworks and project delivery lifecycle.
- Demonstrable experience of managing outsourced suppliers performance
- Significant experience in the delivery of infrastructure related projects and services in a combination of on premise, datacentre and cloud hosted environments.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders and suppliers on commercial and service issues
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary plus a fantastic bonus scheme and loads of fantastic benefits, such as gym subsidy, private health insurance, travel insurance, pension, 25 days holiday, on site massage and health checks plus much, much more, so if you are interested in this exciting opportunity please apply now.